How do you make this Mouth-watering Treat? We make it this way:,
- Large mixing Bowl
- Teflon (or similar) Spatula
- Whisk or fork, and large spoon
- 225g self-raising flour
- 3 tbsp soft light brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ground ginger
- pinch salt
- ½ lemon, zest finely grated (optional)
- ½ vanilla pod, or a couple of drops of vanilla extract (optional)
- 300ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 medium free-range egg
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 12 slices Parma ham or bacon
- 100ml maple syrup
- 100ml sour cream or crème fraîche
- 1 Preheat the oven to 110C/225F.
- 2 Put the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and salt into a large bowl; mix quickly and make a well in centre. Finely grate in lemon zest, if using. Split open vanilla pod, scrape out seeds and add (or use vanilla extract). Gradually pour in milk in bit by bit, stirring all the time to give smooth mixture. Thoroughly beat in egg and set aside
- 3 Put a drizzle of oil into large frying pan on medium heat and cook Parma ham for 2-3 minutes on each side until nice and crisp. Remove and drain on kitchen paper. Keep ham warm in oven.
- 4 Reduce heat under pan to low and add a drop more oil if needed; spoon in four dollops of the pancake mix – to spread to about 10cm/3¼in wide. Leave to cook for about 1-2 minutes until golden; flip them over and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Slide them onto a baking tray and put in oven to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining mix to make about 12.
- 5 When all of the pancakes are made, divide them between four plates; pile parma ham on them, drizzle with maple syrup and you could even serve with a dollop of sour cream or crème frâiche.
Luscious Melt in the Mouth Pancakes! Pleasure on a Plate!
We receive commissions when you click our links and make purchases. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.
We’ll see you around – live your best Life Today!