French Toast with Ham & Cheese
Have you a special way to make this? We make it this way:
- Non Stick Frying Pan
- Mixing Bowl
- Shallow Dish
- Whisk or fork, knife
- Teflon (or similar) Spatula
- 2 eggs
- 115ml milk
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slices white bread (3cm thick)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 slices ham, trimmed to fit bread
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- 2. Place eggs, milk, salt and pepper into a large bowl and whisk to mix.
- 3. Use sharp, thin-bladed knife to carefully slit open one side of each slice of bread to form a pocket. Ensure that you leave 1cm/0.5in around the edges.
- 4. Spread the mustard on one side of (inside) the pocket; place a slice of ham and cheese inside.
- 5. Put the pockets into a shallow dish. Pour the egg mixture over and leave for 5 minutes, turning once.
- 6. Heat non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat, add half of olive oil; swirl to coat base of pan.
- 7. Put bread pocket in pan and cook on one side for about 2 minutes until golden brown. Turn and cook for extra minute.
- 8. Remove from pan and put on baking tray in oven to cook for 10 minutes or until filling has melted.
Tastes So Good – Make an Extra Slice for a Snack!
We receive commissions when you click our links and make purchases. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.
We’ll see you around – live your best Life Today!