What’s your spin on this dish? Try make it this way:
- 1 Saucepan
- 1 bowl
- 1 toaster
Ingredients for the Eggs Benedict
- 2 poached eggs per person
- 2 English muffins, sliced in half, toasted & buttered, per person
- 4 slices of good ham per person
Ingredients for the Hollandaise Sauce
- 100g/3½oz butter, cut into cubes
- 2 free-range egg yolks
- ½ tbsp cold water
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the grill to medium.
2. For the hollandaise sauce, place 75g of butter into a small saucepan and melt slowly over a gentle heat. Once melted, remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Put the egg yolks into a bowl and set over a pan of gently simmering water (take care not to let the bowl touch the water) and beat until pale and thickened. Add the water, lemon juice, salt and freshly ground black pepper to the egg yolks and beat for another 30 seconds.
4. Add half of the remaining butter to the egg mixture in the bowl and stir for 1-2 minutes or until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat and beat in the rest of the butter.
5. Slowly pour in the melted butter, whisking constantly, until the sauce reaches the consistency of double cream. Use lemon juice, salt and freshly ground black pepper for season to taste. Keep the sauce warm by resting the bowl in a pan of lukewarm water.
6. Place the buttered muffins onto a baking tray.
7. To serve, place half the toasted, buttered muffin halves on a plate. Top with slices of ham, the other muffin halves and another slice of ham. Carefully put the freshly poached eggs on top of the ham. Spoon the hollandaise sauce on top and around the muffins.
8. Place the tray under the preheated grill for 1-2 minutes, or until the top is bubbling and just turning golden-brown.
9. Transfer the eggs Benedict onto a plate and serve immediately
A Divine Mouthful! A Blessed Benedict Brunch!
We receive commissions when you click our links and make purchases. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.
We’ll see you around – live your best Life Today!